New York, NY 10119
Amy F. Shulman, Esq. is a partner at Broach & Stulberg, LLP, where she focuses her practice on labor and employment law.
Ms. Shulman represents clients in civil rights, employment law, labor law and employee benefits cases. She is experienced in litigating cases before federal and state courts, arbitrations and regulatory agencies.
She is a member of the Bar of the States of New York, Massachusetts and the District of Columbia and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First and Second Circuits and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of Puerto Rico.
Ms. Shulman is the Plaintiff/Employee Co-Editor of The Flash, a monthly e-newsletter of the American Bar Association's Section of Labor and Employment Law (LEL). She is also a Program Co-Chair of LEL's Employment Rights and Responsibilities Committee (ERR) and a Co-Chair of ERR's Contracts and Executive Compensation Subcommittee. In 2010, she was selected to be a member of LEL's Leadership Development Program. Ms. Shulman is also the President of the New York City chapter of the Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA). She also is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the American Constitution Society, the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and its Executives and Professionals Committee, the Conference Committee for NELA's New York affiliate, NELA/NY, the AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee, and the New York County Lawyers' Association.
Ms. Shulman has authored and co-authored articles focusing on labor and employment law, including:
- "Litigating Cross-Border Discrimination Claims in Multiple Jurisdictions: A Global Strategy for Expatriate Employees" (presented at the Midwinter Meeting of LEL's International Law Committee)(2011);
- "Sample Executive Employment Agreement Clauses: Terminations for Cause, Terminations Due to Disability, and Resignations for Good Reason" (presented at ERR's Midwinter Meeting)(2011);
- "Financial Industry Executive Departure Disclosures" (presented at ERR's Midwinter Meeting (2011);
- “Post-Residency Contracts: A Guide for Physicians” (presented to the Post-Residency Life Conference sponsored by the Committee for Interns and Residents, SEIU)(2007);
- "Representing Americans Employed Abroad: The Extraterritorial Application of Federal and State Anti-Discrimination Laws," 29 NYSBA L & E Newsletter, Summer 2004, reprinted in 11 I.LS.A. J. Int\'l Comp. L. 420 (2005); and
- "TNS, Inc. and OCAW: A New Standard for Assessing Employee Action for a Safe and Healthy Workplace," 28 NYSBA L & E Newsletter, Fall 2003.
She also has also been a panelist speaking about labor and employment law topics at continuing legal education programs presented by LEL, ERR , and Cornell University's ILR School.
Prior to joining Broach & Stulberg, LLP, Ms. Shulman was a Law Clerk for Hon. Aida M. Delgado-Colon in the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico. She previously served as attorney-advisor for Hon. Ronnie A. Yoder, an administrative law judge at the U.S. Department of Transportation.
She received a B.A. in Government and Near Eastern Studies from Cornell University in 1993 and a J.D., cum laude, from Washington College of Law, American University in 1996, where she was a note and comment editor for the Journal of International Law and Policy and was a member of a moot court team.